Waterjet technology is the most effective cutting solution – and among the most efficient cost-saving ones – for aerospace, energy, construction, hydraulics, medical, electronics, robotics, military and other industries that require components with highly intricate cuts, complex shapes and the tightest, most reliable tolerances.
Precision Flamecutting and Steel uses a Flow International Mach 4 3040c® waterjet machine with a three-dimensional XD® cutting head. This technology benefits customers and our environment by:
- Not using heat. The absence of a heat-affected zone (HAZ) means that the cut materials remain unchanged – a benefit that plays a huge role in parts reliability.
- Enabling complex bevel cuts up to 70 degrees from the vertical
- Enabling very tight tolerances meeting or exceeding 0.005″ and within 0.001″-0.002″ on thinner, smaller parts
- Enabling cutting of brittle materials, such as glass, rock, and laminated materials such as composites
- Reducing the amount of scrap materials produced, allowing us to pass the savings along to our customers
- Environmental sensitivity. Waterjet uses approximately one-half to one gallon per minute which is recycled using a closed-loop system. No water is discharged from our system.
Smallest details, highest efficiencies
Precision Flamecutting and Steel can use waterjet technology to cut:
- Alloy steels
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Laminated glass